Entrance exams for top MBA colleges in India
Entrance exams for top MBA colleges in India
Various common national level Entrance exams tests to get into the finest MBA Colleges in India are:
AIMA-MAT (MANAGEMENT APTITUDE TEST)
- About Management Aptitude Test or MAT: As it is popularly known is conducted 4 times a year (in February, May, September & December) by the CMS division of All India Management Association (AIMA). It is conducted in both paper pencil as well as computer based modes. The application form for MAT is available for Rs. 1200.
- AIMA-MAT Entrance exam Eligibility: Graduate in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year degree course students can also apply.
- AIMA-MAT Entrance exam website: www.aima-ind.org
ATMA – AIMS TEST
- About ATMA : has been approved by the Ministry of HRD of the Government of India for admission on All India basis to the MBA/PGDM and other postgraduate programmes like MCA. Around 100 MBA institutes accept ATMA scores for admission to various management programs. The application form for ATMA is available for Rs. 1100
- ATMA Entrance exams Eligibility: Candidates must have completed their graduation from a recognized and authorized university.
- ATMA Entrance exam website: www.atmaaims.com
CAT (COMMON ADMISSION TEST)
- About Common Admission Test (CAT) : is the most popular MBA entrance test and is held annually for admission to postgraduate management courses in all the Indian Institute of Management (IIMs) and various other management institutes. With an addition of 6 new IIMs, a total of 19 IIMs and around 100 top B-schools accept CAT scores fro admissions to their management programmes. After commencement of 6 new IIMs in Nagpur, Visakhapatnam, Sirmaur, Amritsar, Sambalpur and Bodh Gaya, the total number of seats have increased to 3695, with average intake being 60. Every year more than two lakh students appear for CAT. The application form and information bulletin is available for Rs. 1600.
- CAT (COMMON ADMISSION TEST) Entrance exam Eligibility: Candidates require minimum 50% aggregate mark in graduation in any discipline from a recognized institute. The candidates from SC, ST, OBC and DA category need an aggregate of 45% marks. Final year graduation students can also apply provided they can submit the graduation final marks to the institutes within the requisite schedule.
- CAT Entrance exam website: www.iimcat.ac.in
IBSAT (IBS APTITUDE TEST)
- About IBSAT : an aptitude test conducted by the ICFAI Business School Hyderabad, for students seeking admission into the management programme of ICFAI. The application form available for Rs. 1600 and the test held all over India across cities.
- IBSAT Entrance exams Eligibility: Graduates (any discipline) in English medium with 50% and above aggregate marks.
- IBSAT Entrance exam website: www.ibsat.org
IIFT (INDIAN INSTITUTE OF FOREIGN TRADE)
- About IIFT : The Indian Institute of Foreign Trade was set up in 1963 by the Government of India as an autonomous organisation to help professionalize the country’s foreign trade management. Today one of India’s most prestigious business schools. Each year approximately 50,000 candidates apply for just 220 seats. The application fee was Rs.1550 for General category candidates and Rs.750 for the reserved category candidates.
- IIFT Entrance exams eligibility: Recognized Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration in any discipline.
- IIFT Entrance exam website: www.iift.edu
MAH – MBA/MMS CET (MAHARASHTRA MBA COMMON ENTRANCE TEST)
- About MAH – MBA/MMS CET : Maharashtra – MBA/ MMS – Common Entrance Test (MAH-MBA/MMS CET) conducted by DTE, Maharashtra for admission to postgraduate management degree MBA/MMS and PGDBM / PGDM courses in Government, University Managed and Unaided institutes of Maharashtra. The application form around Rs.1000 for General category candidates and Rs. 800 for reserved category candidates.
- MAH – MBA/MMS CET Entrance exam eligibility: Bachelor’s degree of minimum three years duration with a minimum of 50% marks.
- MAH – MBA/MMS CET Entrance exam website: dtemaharashtra.gov.in/mba2016
NMAT By GMAC
- About NMAT By GMAC : an MBA entrance exam conducted by Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC). The exam selects candidates for admission to NMIMS University and 15 other B-schools across India. GMAC in 2015 acquired the NMAT exam in India from the Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS). Assuming the ownership of the exam, GMAC has renamed it as ‘NMAT by GMAC’. The application form is available for Rs.1600+ taxes
- NMAT Entrance exam eligibility: Bachelor’s Degree (10+2+3) in any discipline from a recognized University with a minimum 50% marks.
- NMAT Entrance exams website: www.nmat.org.in
SNAP (SYMBIOSIS NATIONAL APTITUDE TEST)
- About SNAP: Symbiosis National Aptitude (SNAP) Test a common written test for the admission to all the Post-Graduate Institutes of Symbiosis International University. SNAP is a National level post graduate entrance examination conducted by the Symbiosis International University (SIU) for admissions into the MBA programme of institutes under this university. The application form is available for Rs.1500
- SNAP Entrance exam eligibility: To apply for SNAP a candidate should be a graduate with at least 50% marks in graduation.
- SNAP Entrance exams website: www.snaptest.org
- XAT (XLRI)
- About XAT (XLRI) : For more than 60 years, XLRI has been conducting admission test on all India level to select the most appropriate students for management education. There are more than 140 Management Institutes which use XAT scores for selecting students. There are 33 cities in which XAT exam is conducted. Each year around 90,000 candidates appear in the test. The information bulletin and application form is available for Rs. 1500.
- XAT Entrance exams eligibility: Bachelor’s Degree (10+2+3)in any discipline from a recognized University
- XAT Entrance exams website: xatonline.net.in